At Zenya Yoga & Massage we often have our own yoga students express interest in becoming certified yoga instructors themselves. Though we do believe in the many benefits enjoyed by those who teach yoga, we also recognize that maybe not all who partake in a yoga class, would make the best yoga teachers. For those who have considered taking the yoga lifestyle one step further and taking on the responsibility of teaching it to others but are unsure about whether they would make an effective instructor, we’ve compiled a list of those personality traits that we have noticed in some of the best yoga instructors we know. In Jeff Foxworthy-style, we present that list that will help you determine whether you should enroll in yoga teacher training:
- If you are told you have a certain commanding, yet peaceful, presence about you – you might be a good yoga instructor.
- If you’ve got more than a basic skill level in performing yoga moves – you might be a good yoga instructor.
- If you have the ability to make decisions and are versatile in your teaching methods – you might be a good yoga instructor.
- If you have been recognized for your ability to make others feel special and welcome – you might be a good yoga instructor.
- If you can recognize inappropriate stances and moves and know how to gently adjust them – you might be a good yoga instructor.
- If you understand the power of music and how to use it in a yoga class – you might be a good yoga instructor.
- If you have the ability to understand how to talk simply and effectively – you might be a good yoga instructor.
Combining these elements with other comprehensive lessons of yoga instruction, we can mold those with a passion for yoga into instructors that make a difference and are appreciated for what they know and how they deliver the lessons of yoga. Find out when our next class in yoga instructor certification begins by calling us at 757-643-6900.